April 15, 2011

A Path of Uncertainty


It is not uncommon for life to change tracks in fleeting volatile moments. More often than not, change washes over peoples’ personalities, beliefs, careers and even their lives itself like a tidal wave. It happens so fast that it becomes very difficult comprehend the situation. It’s funny how we always try to plan things out and how life turns everything around in a hundred and eighty degrees.
            I’ve experienced similar situations in my life as well and like a great deal of people, I didn’t seem to like it either. However, for a while now, I’ve observed and interacted with many people with similar stories to tell. Yet, somehow, they always seem to be happy to be where they are today. It got me thinking……thinking long and hard.
            To be honest, I still don’t have an answer (yet another unanswered question added to my ever expanding list of unanswered questions). I’ve seen people crusading against fate to change their lives and move it in a way they want life to go and succeed at it. So I thought maybe through hard work and will, people can change their lives the way they want.
Then again, I’ve also come across people whose lives changed against their will in the blink of an eye. Perhaps, life knows what’s best for us and goes in the direction which best suits us. Unfortunately, both of these explanations cannot give me a clear answer about why the path of life is as uncertain as the random paths of a bolt of lightning.
As far as I’ve realized, life is a mystery; there’s no use pondering over it. Though, a concoction of honesty, effort, perseverance, karma and a little bit of luck may go a long way. I surmise as long as you remain humble, work diligently with an unwavering spirit, do just and respectable deeds, you can be certain that you will not regret where you end up in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment