August 10, 2011

A New Beginning

Although I wanted to begin this post by writing something adroit, ornate or clichéd, I will not as I am known for my different approach of putting words down on paper or on the screen for that matter. I believe I am considerably late in posting this article. I should have posted it on the 31st of July, 2011 because that date marks a major turning point of my life. It’s a new beginning.
My dreams and aspirations are all that I had when I was left alone by the world. I have been treated as an outcast and ignored. I have been plunged into a formidable darkness that consumes a person and changes him into someone else and till this day, I believed that I had changed.
However, I guess I am a little pleased to have been proven somewhat wrong. My personality and the look in my eyes may have changed, but I am still the same person inside; probably better and hopefully wiser. As I walked through the halls of fate and waited to face my destiny, I felt lonely and thought that the years wasted in the gorge of the ugly solitude may have indeed changed me.
Soon later, I realized that if I had changed, I would not be standing here in an effort to transcend my dreams into the world of reality. I have changed in appearance and in my ways of thinking and looking at life. Now, I can see people for who they are. Some may call me cynical but I like prefer prudent. I simply put a larger effort in distinguishing among those who truly love me and those who merely pretend to.
I am very thankful to God, my mother and my true friends for standing beside me and supporting me throughout my difficult experiences. I am very fortunate to have found them. If it was not for their prayers, I would not be sitting here typing it out. I see that those hands which were raised in praying for me are now raised to cheer for me. I feel different and I feel humbled more than ever. I see things in a new light and I see thing I have never seen before. I know that I am blessed to have these people. But you know, the best part of it is probably that I am finally beginning to feel something new. Something I have always desired and probably never had the chance to embrace. It is a new beginning for me as I walk into the horizon in search of something and to explore more of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment